Payment Due Dates For Student Charges/Fees (Fall 2022)
Please refer to Student Charges/Fees 2022-2023 for the current mandatory registration charges schedule.
If you begin the registration process from April 11 - May 27, your student charges/fees are due by July 10, 2022. Students who do not have their fees paid or a financial aid award in place by July 10, 2022 may be dropped from classes.
Students dropped for non-payment of fees will have to re-add classes during July/August registration.
If you begin the registration process from May 28 - August 10, your student charges/fees are due by August 10, 2022. Students who do not have their fees paid or a financial aid award in place by August 10 will be dropped from classes. After the August 10 fee payment deadline, if you have been dropped for non-payment, you will need to work with the Seawolf Service Center before your registration hold may be released.
If you begin the registration process from August 17 - September 2, 2022 your student charges/fees are due by September 2, 2022. All students who begin the registration process on August 17, 2022 or later will be subject to a $25 late registration fee. Students who do not have a financial aid award in place by September 2, must pay all fees out of pocket in order to remain in classes. September 2, 2022 is the Final Fee Payment deadline for students participating in registration from August 17 - September 2, 2022. Students must file withdraw paperwork with Admissions and Records in order to be dropped from all classes; pro-rated cancellation charges will apply. Non-attendance does not constitute withdrawal.
There are four options to pay student charges/fees and on-campus housing payments:
- Online: Log onto SSU's Online Services and click on ‘Payments’. Credit/Debit cards and electronic checks are accepted payment methods for online student account payments. Online electronic check payments are free. Online payments on student accounts by credit/debit card will be charged a non-refundable service fee of 2.65% by our third party provider, TRANSACT Campus SmartPay. For step by step instructions on the payment process, go to Online General Payments for screen shots.
- Mail: Send all mail payments to the address indicated below (all payment due dates are "received by" dates, NOT postmarked dates). U.S and Campus mail processing time may take as much time as an additional week. To ensure credit to the proper account, include the following information on your check, cashier’s check or money order:
How do I find a Student's SSU ID number?
Students can locate their SSU ID number the following ways:
- From their admission letter received via email
- By logging on to their MySSU, click Student Center, My Academics, View Transcripts
- From their monthly statement, which can be viewed by logging on to Online Services, click Payments, select Statements from the list of tabs on the left, then open the last statement
- Print student's full name
- Print student's SSU ID number
If accessing a 529 account or trust fund for student charges/fees payments, we accept checks with the student's name and SSU ID number included in the memo. Mail all check payments to the address noted above.
- In person: Seawolf Service Center (Salazar Hall, Room 1000). Accepted payment methods are: check, cashier's check, money orders, Wolfbucks, and cash.
- International Student Payments: Sonoma State has partnered with Flywire to offer an innovative and streamlined way to make a payment from your home country. Flywire's mission is to save money for international students and their families that would otherwise be lost on bank fees and unfavorable foreign exchange rates.
By making your payment with Flywire you can:
- Track your payments from start to finish
- Pay from any country and any bank
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates
- Contact their multilingual customer support team with any questions, day or night
Please visit SSU's flywire payment portal, to process your payment.
For more information, including instructions on how to make a payment, please refer to International Student Payments.
Effective January 1, 2018, the Seawolf Service Center will no longer accept credit or debit cards for payments, only cash, checks, money order, wolfbucks or cashier’s check. Credit/Debit cards and electronic checks will continue to be accepted payment methods for online student account payments. Payments on student accounts made by online crebit/debit card will be charged a non-refundable service fee of 2.65% by our third party provider, TRANSACT Campus SmartPay.
Additional Registration Information